Oh, yes I did!

Last night I bumped into an old girl friend, Cindy, in a noisy theatre bar, post-pantomime performance. The place was buzzing, it was difficult to hold a conversation. We probably should have continued elsewhere. I lived just down the road. She screamed in my ear:

“Have you ever worn a dress?”

I didn’t even have to think about. “Yes, once,” I said. “It was a light-blue silky number and I swam underwater in it.”

She looked perplexed, so I explained further.

“I made a video for The Creatures, Siouxsie and Budgie, for their single ‘Say’. The video was based around the theme of reflections and water, rippling and flowing. It was filmed in a special tank with the water at body temperature but although it felt great, Budgie wasn’t comfortable swimming underwater. So I stood in for him. Swimming the underwater bits. In a dress. In the video Budgie was wearing a dress.”

Cindy still looked at me as if I was mad.

“What?” I said.

She laughed and said “No, I asked you: ‘Can you give me your address’.”

About these ads

, , , , , , ,

1. #1 by lizy on December 1, 2013 - 11:58

Great figure you’ve got there!

2. #3 by Helen Laycock on December 1, 2013 - 16:04

Oh, *that* time you wore the dress. I thought you were referring to-

Never mind.

Wonderful video. Wot a talented young man…

• #4 by mike olley on December 1, 2013 - 18:11

Now be fair, Helen, *that* other time it was a skirt and top. I’d never wear the same outfit twice.

• #5 by Helen Laycock on December 1, 2013 - 18:20

True… true… ‘Unfashionable’ and ‘Mike Olley’ are words that will never share the same sentence.

Eat your heart out, Kate Moss.

• #6 by mike olley on December 1, 2013 - 18:42

Get the London look. (It’s hard to write that sentence in the way Kate Moss says it, I tried pressing all the keys in a tiny way too.)

• #7 by Helen Laycock on December 1, 2013 - 18:55

Hope you’re pouting now.

Why is there a pic of symmetrical Lego taps where my photo should be? Is this any way to treat a new follower?

Tell me something...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 463 other followers